- “Reading Hong Shen Intermedially,” in Modern Chinese Literature and Culture, special issue on Hong Shen, edited by Siyuan Liu and Xiaomei Chen, Vol. 27, No. 2 (Fall 2015), 208-248.
- "Performing the Political in Lust, Caution,” in Trans-Humanities, Vol. 8, No. 3 (October 2015), 85-109.
- “Problems of Translation and Transnational Feminisms: On Gu Ruopu and Li Ruzhen,” in Susan Bordo, M. Cristina Alcalde and Ellen Rosenman eds., Provocations: A Transnational Reader in the History of Feminist Thought, University of California Press, 2015, 169-182.
- “The White Snake as the New Woman of Modern China” in Ya-chen Chen ed., New Modern Chinese Women and Gender Politics, London and New York: Routledge, 2014, 86-102.
- 先锋与国歌 (The Avant-garde and the National Anthem), 文化研究 (Cultural Studies), vol. 14 (March 2013), Beijing: Shehui kexue wenxian chubanshe, 209-237.
- 从田汉到吴文光:独立电影人走向民间的自我书写 (From Tian Han to Wu Wenguang: going to the people as self-writing in independent filmmaking), in 全球化时代的 世界文学与中国 (World Literature and China in a Global Age), Beijing: Zhongguo shehui kexue chubanshe, 2010, 426-431.
- 波希米亚:日常生活中的英雄 (“Bohemia: Everyday Heroes”), in 励耘学刊(文学卷)(Liyun Scholarly Journal, literature volume), no. 1, 2009, 167-175.
- “Modern Girl, Modern Men, and the Politics of Androgyny in Modern China,” in Michigan Quarterly Review, vol. XLVII, no. 2 (Spring 2008), 282-308.
- 田汉的白蛇情缘:革命、颓废、与现代性 (“Tian Han’s White Snake Complex: Revolution, Curriculum vitae Liang Luo 4 Decadence, and Modernity”), in 中国文学:传统与现代的对话 (Chinese Literature: a Dialogue between Tradition and Modernity). Edited by Hongsheng Zhang and Nanxiu Qian. Shanghai: Shanghai guji chubanshe, 2007, 591-612.