- Lams, L. (2005). Language and politics in the Chinese English-language newspaper The China Daily. The Stockholm Journal of East Asian Studies, 15, 109-137.
- Lams, L. (2008). Media Panic or Manic: The 2004 Taiwan Parliamentary Election in the Local English-Language Press. The Taiwan International Studies Quarterly, 4 (4), 145-184.
- Lams, L. (2010). Reconnecting theories of language pragmatics and critiques on logocentric methodological approaches to media discourse analysis. The Romanian Review of Political Sciences and International Relations, 1, 94-110.
- Lams, L. (2010). Linguistic Tools of Empowerment and Alienation in The Chinese Official Press Accounts about the April 2001 Standoff between the US and China. Pragmatics, 20 (3), 315 -342.
- Lams, L. (2011). Tracing 'Taiwanization' Processes in Taiwanese Presidential Statements in Times of Cross-Strait Rapprochement. Journal of Current Chinese Affairs, 40 (1), 63-98.
- Lams, L. (2012). Communication and Difference: one event – different media frames. A discursive analysis of US, Chinese and Taiwanese media narratives about the 2001 Hainan Incident. In: Hernandez L. (Eds.), China and the West: Encounters with the Other in Culture, Arts, Politics and Everyday Life., Chapt. 2. Newcastle: Cambridge Univ.Press, 17-32.
- Lams, L. (2012). Toward a Methodological Framework for the Study of Continuities and Changes in Official Chinese Discourse, as Disseminated in the State Media. In: , The Role of Discourse as the Interface between Various Disciplines Studying Chinese Society. Wetteren: KVAB, Universa Press, 21-30.
- Lams, L. (2012). The Role of Discourse as the Interface between various Disciplines Studying Chinese Society. (Lams, L., Ed., Liao, L., Ed.). Wetteren: KVAB, Universa Press.
- Lams, L. (2013). Representations of the three T's (Tibet, Turkestan and Taiwan) in the Belgian press during the run-up tp the Beijing Olympics: a comparative analysis of Dutch- and French-language narratives. In: Mertens S. (Eds.), Perspectieven op internationale journalistiek, Chapt. 4. Gent: Academia Press, 45-64.
- Lams, L. (2013). Strategies of Symbolic Meaning Construction in Chinese Official Discourse. In: Lams L., Crauwels G., Serban H. (Eds.), Totalitarian/Authoritarian discourses: a global and timeless phenomenon?, Chapt. 6. Bern: Peter Lang Publishers, 185-217.